Last date of application arrival: 30th March, 2014
.Frequent question about this Scholarship:1. What is IDB-BISEW?Islamic Development Bank-Bangladesh Islamic Solidarity Educational Wakf (IDB-BISEW)
was established following an agreement between the Islamic Development Bank, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, and the Government of Bangladesh. IDB-BISEW undertakes funding and implementing of projects in the areas of education, human resource development and institutional strengthening.2. What is IDB-BISEW IT Scholarship Project?
It is a technology skills development project under which the scholarship winners are provided with a year-long training on an IT discipline leading to a professional diploma. Currently, around 800 trainees are undergoing training in Round – 14, 15, 16 and 17. Around 2,900 graduates of the past Rounds of the scholarship programme are employed as IT professionals in various organizations at home and abroad.3. What benefit would a candidate get from this project?
The selected candidates will get an opportunity to undergo training by participating in a Certificate or a Diploma level course at one of the premiere training institute in Dhaka & Chittagong. In financial terms these courses are worth approximately Tk. 1, 25,000 for training only. An additional sum of around Tk. 20,000 is spent for vendor certification for each trainee. Trainees also receive Tk. 2,000 per month as allowance.4. What would the scholarship cover?
The scholarship would cover the entire tuition fees for each courses offered. It also covers Vendor Certification examination fee that a candidate needs to pass in order to successfully complete the course. The scholarship would not cover the cost to be incurred by the candidate for food and accommodation during the training.5. How many times would the student intake take place?
The student intake would take place between 3 to 4 times in a project year. Candidates may apply in multiple intakes if unsuccessful in earlier attempts.6. Who can apply for the scholarships?
A person who has already passed Bachelor’s (Pass Course/Honours) or Master’s degree examination can apply for the scholarship. Individuals holding Diploma in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Construction and Survey can also apply.7. Do candidates need to have prior computing knowledge for applying for the scholarships?
No, candidates not having any prior knowledge of computing are eligible to apply for the scholarship.8. What are the steps involved in the candidate selection process?
Following are the steps involved in the candidate selection process under IDB-BISEW scholarship program:
9. Can the OMR (Computer Sheet) part of the application form be folded many times?
- Buy the application kit from any of the designated branches of Islami Bank Bangladesh Ltd., which contains following:
- APPLICATION FORM
- INFORMATION FORM (in OMR Format)
- A pre-labelled return envelope
- Fill up each form. While doing that, the candidate should use a 2B pencil or black ball-point pen.
- Do not forget to tear off the section marked "Admit Card" at the bottom of the APPLICATION FORM. If selected, this section would be used as Admit Card at the time of selection exam. Without this Admit Card, a candidate even if selected, would not be allowed to take part in the selection exam.
- Put all properly filled up forms in the envelope provided. Do not use any other envelope.
- Mail, courier or hand-deliver the envelope to the specified address within the deadline of submitting application form.
- Write down the application form’s serial number somewhere and keep it in a safe place for future reference.
The OMR (printed with small circles) part and the non-OMR part can be folded only once across.
For more details please visit: http://idb-bisew.org